Senator Markey’s Boston and Springfield office is currently accepting applications for Spring 2023 Internships. Applications are due by November 28th, at 11:59 pm ET.
Qualifications: Our internship program is directed towards current undergraduate and associate degree students. All applicants should be responsible self-starters who possess strong writing, research, and interpersonal skills. Backgrounds in political science, international relations, environmental studies, liberal arts, and communications are desirable but not required. Massachusetts ties are strongly preferred.
Candidates from BIPOC, LGBT+, working class, and/or other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Commitment & Credit: Internship opportunities are available on a full-time or part-time basis. School credit is possible for all internships if arranged and approved by the intern’s respective college or university. Candidates may also apply for stipends, details listed below.
All interns are required to commit to working a minimum of 10 hours a week.
Intern Responsibilities Include:
· Corresponding with and serving Massachusetts constituents through tasks such as answering phones and responding to constituents’ inquiries.
· Assisting with Constituent Services and communicating with federal agencies
· Assisting the Senator and staff in all areas of office operation
· Assisting with event planning and the Senator visits throughout the Commonwealth
· Attending meetings and help with a variety different office long term projects
· Drafting/writing inquires, letter of support, greetings and congratulatory citations.
Interested applicants may submit
Cover Letter (maximum 500 words)
A statement of financial need (ONLY if applying for paid position) Please see “Stipends” section on our website.
Submit all materials to: Intern_Boston@markey.senate.gov with “Spring Internship Application” in the subject.
Please email Boston_Intern@Markey.senate.gov or call 617 565-8519 with further questions.