An internship in Senator Warren’s Washington DC office is designed to introduce you to almost every aspect of the office, including the legislative process, office administration, and constituent relations. Interns are not assigned fulltime to a specific staffer or office department, but rather will perform a variety of tasks. Listed below are some general tasks interns may be expected to complete:
- Processing daily physical mail as well as phone and digital constituent correspondence.
- Assisting legislative staff with projects.
- Conducting research and reviewing materials for our oversight and investigations team
- Answering the phones and directing constituent inquiries.
- Attending hearings and briefings, and then writing summary memos.
- Giving Capitol tours to constituents and escorting them to the Capitol Visitors Center and the Senate Gallery.
- Hearing directly from staff about their work in our brown bag lunch series.