The human resources and operations internship is ideal for a student interested in a career in global human resources or nonprofit management and operations. This intern will gain direct experience in developing and implementing key policies and administrative strategies for a growing, international nonprofit organization.
The human resources and operations intern will collaborate with staff from various departments to gain a fuller understanding of the behind-the-scenes running of a nonprofit organization. The intern will also have the opportunity to attend regular learning and social events with other interns and staff from PHR to round out the learning experience and complement PHR-provided career mentoring.
PHR internships are unpaid. Students may be able to arrange academic credit, and should check with their individual academic institutions for requirements.
• Assist with PHR’s employee recruitment, onboarding, and selection processes.
• Research current labor and employment laws in the United States and overseas.
• Maintain, audit and update human resources files and records.
• Research human resources best practices.
· Contribute to projects for and requests from PHR staff.
· Collaborate with staff on technology-related initiatives.
· Communicate with vendors and contractors, including IT support.
· Provide support for general operations.
Qualifications and Experience
• Current enrollment in an undergraduate or graduate program of study; specialization in human resources, business administration, or a related field preferred
• General knowledge of and interest in human resources concepts and terminology
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communications skills.
• Resourceful in performing research on the internet and through other channels
• Well organized, detail-oriented, and able to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.
Location and Hours
• The intern will be based either partially or entirely remote depending on PHR’s ongoing evaluation of coronavirus health risks. If partially in person, the intern will be asked to report to the PHR New York office in midtown Manhattan. We welcome applications from candidates located out of state.
• Hours can be flexible to accommodate different types of schedules.
• The internship will commence in June with at least a 11/12-week commitment.
How to Apply
Please apply by sending a cover letter, resume, and writing sample to email@example.com. Include “HR & Operations Intern Summer 2021” in the subject line. Please include in your cover letter the number of weekly hours you would be able to commit to the internship.