Progressive Turnout Project seeks Supporter Engagement Specialist
Position: Supporter Engagement Specialist
Location: Chicago, Illinois
Start Date: 7/1/2021 (Flexible)
End Date: 11/30/2022
Progressive Turnout Project (PTP) seeks a Supporter Engagement Specialist who will engage with supporters via email, phone, and social media on a daily basis. Based at our headquarters in Chicago, IL, this person will manage and respond to inquiries as they arrive from donors, shop customers, and other supporters. They will serve as a primary point of contact between our organization, supporters, and office visitors. This specialist will report to the Office Manager and is responsible for staffing the front desk during business hours between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m every day.
This position is eligible for benefits, including employer-sponsored health, dental, and vision insurance, FSA, 401(k), student loan repayment assistance, public transportation stipend, paid time off, and paid holidays.
There are no formal education requirements for this position. People of all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
- Learn and apply our organizational values to foster a strong culture based on trust and mutual respect
- Manage and respond with kindness, compassion, and precision to donor, shop customer, and supporter inquiries via email, phone, and on social media
- Receive and respond to shop customer emails and phone calls regarding shipment status, and merchandise back orders
- Communicate with shop supplier on a regular basis and handle credit card disputes on back end web-based platforms
- Staff the front desk at our headquarters from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday
- Assist the Office Manager in maintaining a well-stocked and professional HQ atmosphere during working hours
- Assist with events at HQ
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications (You will be a good fit if):
- You proactively respond to communications addressed to you
- You maintain composure and grace during supporter exchanges
- You strive to treat others how you would like to be treated
- You are eager to help people resolve their inquiries
- You actively seek guidance and feedback
- You have a basic understanding of G Suite Products (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, etc.)
- You have a basic understanding of social media and e-commerce platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Shopify, etc.)
Preferred Qualifications (Not Required):
- You have a background in customer service
- You are familiar with, or eager to become familiar with, campaigns and political organizing
Questions about the position may be directed to email@example.com.