PHM is the leading health media agency in the US. We are designed for—and dedicated to—delivering best-in-class solutions that connect people with meaningful health and wellness solutions every day. Guided by our genuine passion for health and wellness, our work across the entire media ecosystem helps real patients navigate the most pivotal moments of their healthcare journeys.
At PHM, we sit squarely at the intersection of Publicis Health, the largest Healthcare Communications network in the world, and Publicis Media, the number one buyer of media in the US. This gives us access to talent, technology and data to help us deliver the market-leading solutions that give our clients true competitive advantage.
While we have grown to be the No. 1 agency in our industry, at heart we’re still a startup. It’s that energy and spirit of innovation that allows us to create bold and meaningful “health media firsts” for our clients, and to do it all with #phmlove.
At Publicis Health, we are united around one purpose: to create a world where people are equipped and motivated to take control of their health. We transform healthcare marketing and communications into healthcare engagement. We believe healthcare marketing is healthcare, fostering healthy conversations, healthy behaviors and healthy people.
[SBS majors: If interested – please email email@example.com and get connected to an alum at the firm]
The Associate Media Planner assists the media department with cross-channel media planning and buying. The Associate actively participates in all necessary training modules and supports the media team with day-to-day tasks and financial maintenance. Responsible for status reporting, traffic sheets, financials, research, planning/buying assistance, and relationship building internally and with outside partners. The goal for the role is to learn and apply basic media principles. Positions available in Philadelphia and NYC.
- Knows how the agency works and how jobs flow through the agency
- Has broad but basic knowledge of the brands, category, channels & processes
- Competency in media math, financial terminology, publisher T&Cs
- Gain understanding of online campaign management trafficking/ad serving systems, media technologies including MediaVisor and traffic sheets through taking appropriate trainings and meeting with Power Users and MOTs
- Basic knowledge of media tools: @Plan, Ad Relevance, SDS, Benchtools, ComScore, etc.
- Basic knowledge and assistance in media planning and buying process
- Develop strong financial management skills through actualization, UMB/IRR, and Workflow training
- Seeks to understand the project strategy and gain competitive knowledge. Understands media goals, objectives & strategies for ad campaign.
Internal: Operations, Tactics and Strategy
- Diligently and flawlessly executes on assigned area of project
- Manages weekly media delivery reports
- Core responsibilities include financial management systems:
- Checks Workflow on a weekly basis and reconciles invoices
- Independently completes monthly actualizations, pulls and checks grids, and develops client memos
- Quantifies all negotiated savings by comparing to partner rate cards
- Manages the development and updates to traffic sheets with minimal supervision and error
- Shares interesting learning’s/articles relevant to the media team/brands
- Ability to review, understand, and take appropriate actions with UMB/IRR
- Ownership of the organization and appropriate documentation of team binder(s)
- Works with Media Technology on QC of campaigns and ensures appropriate compliance measures met.
- Assists in data and consumer profile gathering
- Assists with flighting, uploading media buys
- Researches media placement options
- Executes media planning & buying
- Manages contract process
- Highly responsive, timely and effective at meeting client requests
- Understands clients’ business
- Detailed, professional and timely communications to internal team, vendor partners, and management of team status report.
- Begins to build rapport with media team members internal clients (cross-capability)
- Liaison between AP and outside media vendors regarding invoicing and financials
- Begins to participate in client/vendor calls – can knowledgably articulate project status to clients
- Begins to build rapport with clients and outside vendors
- Begins to learn basic client/vendor management techniques (how to document client feedback, how to recognize when to pushback, etc.)
- Manages vendor contact list
- Day-to-day resource for media vendors, “go-to person” and escalates vendor difficulties appropriately.
- Vendor communication of project needs
- Exhibits Integrity and Trust
- Exhibits Self Development
- Adherence to agency procedures (on-time and accurate timesheets, GDPs, 360 feedback)
- Consistently keeps team “in the loop” on status of projects verbally and/or in writing
- Solid listening skills and takes notes during meetings, disseminates notes & follow-up as appropriate
- Ability to clearly communicate both orally and in writing
- Proficiency in computer skills used to manage day-to-day workflow (e.g., Microsoft Office Suite)
- Ability to work in a matrix (multi-supervisory) environment; Ability to multi-task, manage one’s time, and demonstrate personal organization and ability to meet deadlines (strong work ethic)
- Ability to take initial direction, then transition to a more independent work style
- Bachelors degree required. Minimal, if any, industry knowledge is expected.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.