Regional Associate – Client Engagement Center (Boston, MA)
Founded in 1937, Putnam Investments is a global money management firm with over 75 years of experience helping individuals and institutions pursue their investment goals. Putnam manages assets across equity, fixed income, asset allocation, and alternative strategies. Active, fundamental research, innovation, and risk management drive our approach to investing. Our global presence includes offices in Boston, London, Frankfurt, Tokyo, Singapore, and Sydney, all united by our collaborative culture and singular focus on client objectives. For more information, please visit www.putnam.com.
The Client Engagement Center (CEC), serves as Home Office operations to all client interactions and engagement for Putnam Retail Management. The CEC is dedicated to delivering world-class value-add content and services with a consultative approach to our advisors in the areas of investment, practice, and wealth management. This is an opportunity for a career path which may lead to many roles within various parts of our organization including internal sales consulting, external sales consulting, relationship management, business development/strategy, and product.
The Regional Associate will become involved in many aspects of Putnam’s Client Engagement process. Associates will participate in an orientation program that focuses on industry, product, and Putnam’s distribution methodology. Each associate will be assigned a peer mentor as part of their initial on boarding and support throughout the program. The Regional Associate will be registered with FINRA (Financial Industry Regulatory Authority) and required to acquire their SIE, Series 7 and Series 66 licenses.
Upon completion of the initial training, associates will work to become proficient in the following areas:
• Master (adopt, implement and execute) the three pillars of our unique value proposition; wealth management, investment management, and practice management.
• Build a solid understanding of the industry – Understand drivers that impact the market, product development, competitive landscape, and industry trends. Bring to bear that expertise to support initiatives of our partner firms.
• Acquire a deep understanding of Putnam’s products – Be able to articulate Putnam’s value proposition and differentiation surrounding our products, distribution process, and people. Understand how our products are tailored to providing investment solutions for our clients
• Communicate effectively to drive impact – Convey sales ideas, accurate product information, and gather market data for discussions with targeted audiences. Develop ability to deliver clear and effective presentations that are targeted to audience needs, are on point, and are persuasive.
• Answer questions about Putnam’s products and strategies via virtual communication.
• Providing valuable solutions to assist clients in growing their businesses.
• Conduct reporting by using analytical tools to compare Putnam products with competitors.
• Adopt, implement, and execute using all of Putnam’s technology resources to drive effective and efficient client engagement.
Education, Work Experience, and Key Traits
• BA or BS degree required. Candidates may have a broad array of majors.
• Successful candidates will be highly motivated, possess critical reasoning abilities, a results-oriented drive and are able to articulate convincingly.
• Prior work experience in the financial industry is helpful, but not vital.
• Outstanding undergraduate academic record, proven strong work ethic and desire to win.
• Ability to learn quickly and to effectively convey Putnam’s value proposition.
• Team player; maintains a consistent positive outlook and leads by example.
At Putnam we are committed to a diverse workforce and take positive steps to ensure equal opportunity in our recruitment process. We also undertake to hire, develop and retain the most talented individuals by valuing the varied skills that you bring.
Candidates must be a U.S. citizen or national, refugee, asylee, or lawful permanent resident.