RockCreek seeks a dynamic, resourceful, detail-oriented, and energetic professional to join the team as a Digital Communications Associate. The ideal candidate for this role is a creative storyteller, team player, and problem-solver, with a deep understanding of content that motivates and moves people and the best platforms to engage in a global conversation.
It is critical for the candidate to thrive in a fast-paced environment while maintaining a high level of professionalism and confidentiality. They should be well organized, flexible, and up to date on current financial markets and business issues, with a passion for impact and sustainable investing. The candidate must be a team player who takes initiative, anticipates needs, and adapts to demanding and ever-changing situations.
- Responsible for the firm’s digital and social media presence, including RockCreek’s internal and external website, social media, blogs, and other digital content.
- Produce external products, including blogs, press releases, videos, live event pages, podcasts, and multimedia.
- Publish using content management systems (Adobe AEM, Drupal, ePublish, Adobe Campaign, Adobe Analytics, and Adobe Premiere, among others).
- Package digital media assets for campaigns, including content, appropriate visuals, handles, and hashtags.
- Coordinate the strategy and production of visual assets (organic and paid).
- Help conceptualize, write scripts, and create multimedia content (GIFs, interactive data visualizations, slideshows, infographics, videos, social media postcards, etc.)
- Manage and analyze metrics using Talkwalker, Hootsuite, Adobe Analytics, and Twitter Analytics.
- Ensure that web content is optimized for search engines and complies with the highest technical and editorial standards.
- Monitor industry trends and tools for web design, social media, audience engagement, and other technology to improve communications. Edit internally produced videos using Adobe Premiere or similar platform.
- Bachelor’s degree with experience as web producer or digital media specialist.
- Advanced knowledge and hands-on experience with social media platforms (LinkedIn, YouTube, Twitter) and demonstrated ability to apply creative ideas for how to engage/interact and grow the firm’s following.
- Extensive experience using social media publishing tools such as Hootsuite, and experience using social media listening tools such as Talkwalker, as well as experience with web and social analytics.
- Experience using multiple Web Content Management Systems to publish digital content, including working with multimedia, and ability to effectively edit video and audio.
- Excellent copyediting and writing skills to produce top-level content and provide editorial oversight for social media channels.
- High level of initiative, judgment, and decisiveness in accomplishing tasks; proven ability to work independently; good time-management skills and an eye for detail; ability to work effectively under stress and to juggle multiple tasks within tight deadlines.
- Interest in international financial markets and an understanding of how communications can target key audiences discussing impact and ESG investing.