Scholastic is currently seeking a well-rounded and versatile freelance designer to join the Integrated Marketing Creative Team, and will be working with the Art Director to support all marketing initiatives for the Scholastic Education division to meet creative service needs. You will be designing and doing production for both print and web projects. Design projects include but are not limited to various print collateral, conference graphics, brochures, research reports, infographics, web banners, online ads, and web design for Scholastic’s education and curriculum brands. This is a very fast-paced environment with a wide variety of design projects. This is a remote position and excellent communication skills are a must.
Scope of Responsibilities
- Translate project objectives into design concepts to ensure creative work effectively delivers a cohesive visual strategy
- Work collaboratively with the creative team from concept though production to produce and deliver high quality, design-savvy print and web design in accordance with the requirements of each project brief
- Develop design solutions for a variety of project types including: integrated campaigns, web pages, emails, brochures, event marketing signage, and PowerPoint presentations
- Ensure cohesive and consistent design experiences through visual brand standards that align across all marketing channels
- Being self-motivated and enthusiastic to conceive, develop, and execute design objectives with the team
- Providing creative input and taking design direction professionally during critique or feedback sessions
- Working cross-departmentally on multiple projects
- Optimizing and preparing design files for production
- Adhering to production schedules and deadlines
- Actively staying informed of current design trends
- Advanced graphic design production skills and proficiency in Adobe CC Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator with strong layout skills and typography. Knowledge in other Adobe applications is a plus (i.e. Lightroom, After Effects, Premiere, etc.)
- In-depth knowledge of design principles and techniques with a strong sense of aesthetics and a user-centered approach to design to craft messaging and clarity
- Ability to think creatively and conceptually, with great communication skills
- Ability to work independently and handle multiple projects on deadline
- Ability to work calmly and maintain high standards under pressure and in the face of time constraints
- Motion graphic or video editing knowledge is a plus!
Commensurate with experience. This is an ongoing freelance opportunity for the right candidate.