The Head of Data Governance Operations provides leadership and is responsible for the evolution and execution of the enterprise data governance operating model as part of the holistic data strategy for Sinclair. This operations expert will lead & insure the execution of the enterprise data governance framework in support of our data governance policy and standards.
This leader is responsible for the foundational aspects of data governance including:
– Identification and definition of Key Data Elements
– Management and coordination of our enterprise Data Domain structure
– Identification of Authoritative Data Sources and Sources of Record (ADS/SORs)
– Capture and documentation of Data Lineage, Hierarchies and relationships
– End to end ownership of the Data Quality Issue Management process
– Development and Implementation of automated Data Quality rules
– Product Ownership of associated Data Governance and Data Management technical assets
– This leader overseas and monitors compliance of all entities in Sinclair with our data governance policy and standards and serves as an escalation point for data issues to ensure data quality, consistency, and timeliness needed for business, regulatory and compliance priorities are met.
– Lead a team to manage, monitor, validate, and guarantee the accuracy, quality of all MDM data
– Working with business, technology and the DG Lead to define the appropriate data management framework, DG tool kit to support data governance and data quality
– Collaborate with DG lead to help identify and onboard Data Stewards and council members, define roles and responsibilities
– Developing and reporting on Key Performance Indicators and data quality metrics
– Participating in the Executive Data Governance Committee an d other senior forums to advance the robustness of the organization wide data governance framework
– Providing proactive engagement across business and functional areas for management of all data quality issues in partnership with DG Lead and Business leadership.
– Aids in defining data standards, definitions for core master data attributes and continuous improvement in relation to a process
Qualifications & Experience
– Demonstrated leadership and relationship-building skills, with the ability to create successes through the use of positive influence
– Strong writing skills in communications and presentation skills using PowerPoint
– Ability to manage, coach and mentor staff effectively, both direct and in a matrix environment
– Significant experience working in a data organization implementing data governance policy
– Demonstrated ability to implement operating mo dels to provide proper controls for data governance processes
– Proven expertise in use of technical applications to support the data governance lifecycle
– Expertise in data governance practices and leading data management implementation activities in a matrixed institution
– Demonstrated ability to execute in a hands-on environment
– Expert knowledge of data lifecycle activities such as data definitions, data lineage and implementation of a data quality management framework.
– Knowledge of Media business, operations, regulatory and compliance requirements and challenges, data needs, and data related technologies and tools
– Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills; skilled in conceptualizing, documenting and presenting creative solutions at a senior level
– Proven problem-solving, facilitation and consensus-building skills and a high degree of personal initia tive and attention to detail
– Strong project management abilities proven in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented and dynamic environment
– Strong sense of accountability with an ability to effectively prioritize project and goals execution standards
– Experience with key frameworks are a plus (COBIT, ITIL, CMMI, ISO, etc…)
– A Strong understanding of SLA and Voice of the Customer (VoC)
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!