Senior Manager, Social and Community
Reporting to the Marketing VP, the Senior Manager, Social and Community plays a key role within the Skybound Entertainment consumer products division where we are launching video games, board games, collectibles, and merchandise for diehard fans, community, and loyal customers.
The Senior Manager, Social and Community will be responsible for fan engagement on social media channels across all businesses and fostering a community for the brands they represent. They will lead an existing team and be a subject matter expert within the organization, driving Skybound to lead the way in social engagement on both existing and emerging platforms.
- Partner closely with our internal teams and agency partners to conceptualize and deliver content or programming built for our communities.
- Monitor and respond to consumer engagement across social channels including Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Discord, Reddit, Twitch, TikTok and others as they arise.
- Lead our “surprise & delight” efforts, awarding our most engaged fans and followers.
- Work closely with the Customer Success and agency teams on responses and engagement opportunities.
- Leverage platform data and social intelligence partners to help deliver actionable reporting and insights to the entire cross-functional team.
- Keep up to date on industry best practices and provide recommendations for internal strategies. Be the driver for new platform experimentation and adoption.
- As appropriate, integrate agencies to ensure they can be seamless extensions of our team.
- Connect social and community to the larger business objectives through leveraging data and establishing clear KPI’s.
- Aid Creator Discovery team in identifying and vetting potential social media talent/IP for creative partnerships
- Lead, manage, and grow multiple direct reports and make the case for further team growth, as needed.
- 6+ years experience leading social media channels and working on creative and innovative social media campaigns for a global brand.
- 3+ years as a people manager.
- Specialist in developing social marketing strategies that are native to each channel and that can deliver tangible results.
- Hands-on experience driving growth on all major social media platforms (Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Discord, Reddit, Twitch, TikTok) and driving early adoption on new ones.
- Ability to collect, analyze, and use social data to inform decision making.
- Experience managing relationships with external and internal partners to brief and manage original content.
- Deep understanding of how brands should use social to show up authentically.
- Highly collaborative with the ability to prioritize multiple campaigns competing priorities.
- Comfortable presenting at the executive level, both internally and externally.
Skybound Entertainment is a multiplatform content company that works closely with creators and their intellectual properties, extending their stories to further platforms including comics, television, film, tabletop and video games, books, digital content, and beyond. The company is the home of notable properties including The Walking Dead, Invincible, and Super Dinosaur. On screen, Skybound holds a first-look television deal with Amazon Studios and a first-look movie deal with Universal.
Also under the Skybound Entertainment umbrella is publishing venture Skybound Games, and sister-company Skybound North, which is based in Vancouver and specialized in animation. Skybound is also a partner in Skybound Galactic, a television studio with the capabilities to finance the development and production of scripted series.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Skybound we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! Skybound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, hair texture or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Skybound complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination.
Skybound will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the CA Fair Chance Act and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.