Sr. Producer, Digital Content
Reporting to the Director of Production, the Sr. Producer plays a key role within Skybound Entertainment where we are delivering online content, experiences, and exclusive product to fans of comic books, video games, and board games. The Sr. Producer will use their deep knowledge of video production, social media, and the Internet to create compelling videos for brands and creators within the Skybound universe. The ideal candidate will run the day-to-day creative development, talent coordination, budgeting, planning, and execution of individual live video/audio productions. The Sr. Producer, Digital Content will play a vital role in delivering content that generates uncanny levels of engagement, driving Skybound to grow our audience and monetize our communities.
- Produce videos, livestreams, and pay per view events to grow audience and engagement
- Define production & programming strategies for brands such as Movie Trivia Schmoedown
- Bring inspiration and incorporate the latest growth processes from platforms such YouTube, Facebook, Tiktok, Instagram, Reddit, Discord, and Patreon
- Obsess about engagement, monetization, and tech opportunities for your content
- Use data insights to create social media and content ideas that align with Skybound objectives
- Ensure production projects come in on time and within budget
- Manage talent/hosts of applicable shows under the Skybound umbrella
- Assemble team and assign responsibilities of crew for each show & individual production
- Facilitate all aspects of pre-production, production and post-production for each show & individual production
- Organize and coordinate with external advertising/sponsorship reps on ad reads for specific shows/dates for brand programming
- Lead branded content campaigns from ideation to content delivery/upload
- Manage relationship/communication with external brands and agencies
- Coordinate with marketing lead on upload of content that requires ad dollars or boosting
- Manage and operate brand relations, overall campaign requirements, and individual productions for brand productions
- Report accurate budgets for all shows/branded campaigns
- Work effectively and with diplomacy to coordinate with brands, talent, crew, post-production, and other Skybound departments
- When necessary & applicable, act as director and cinematographer, and provide creative development on shows & individual productions
- A strong passion for online content, video games, boardgames, film/tv, and/or comic books
- A passion and/or knowledge of online trivia content or Movie Trivia Schmoedown is a plus
- 3 years of production experience with a comfort for budget creation and virtual production management
- 5 years planning and executing metrics-driven projects in social media and digital video
- A strong focus on goals, objectives, and outcomes for videos and livestreams
- Experienced camera operator, who is skilled with DSLRS
- Understanding of NewTek Tricaster and live broadcast production workflows
- Experience in editing with Adobe Premier Pro or similar industry software
- Experience producing shoots in studio and on location, including different lighting and equipment set ups that best serve a wide variety of production environments
- Experience managing big-budget as well as low-touch videos that have many moving parts
- Able to meet tight production deadlines
- The ability to expertly explain ideas and creative vision in a compelling way
- The ability to prioritize and delegate tasks accordingly
- A firm understanding of production budgets and product margins
- A deep understanding of virality and shareability on all social platforms, including emerging platforms
- Production experience as an on-set director is preferred
Skybound Entertainment is a multiplatform content company that works closely with creators and their intellectual properties, extending their stories to further platforms including comics, television, film, tabletop and video games, books, digital content, and beyond. The company is the home of notable properties including The Walking Dead, Invincible, and Super Dinosaur.
On screen, Skybound holds a first-look television deal with Amazon Studios and a first-look movie deal with Universal. Additional strategic partnerships across the entertainment industry include comic book publishing with Image Comics, book publishing with Simon & Schuster, and a first-look narrative audio deal with Audible.
Equal Opportunity Employer
At Skybound we value diversity and are looking for extraordinary employees of all backgrounds! Skybound is an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, citizenship, age, genetic information, disability, hair texture or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Skybound complies with all applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination.
Skybound will consider applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the CA Fair Chance Act and Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.