About Social Enterprise Greenhouse:
Based in Providence, Rhode Island, Social Enterprise Greenhouse (SEG) provides the networks, knowledge, and resources to help launch and grow inclusive, positively impactful entrepreneurs, and businesses. We also create and nurture inclusive entrepreneurial ecosystems that foster just, equitable and resilient communities. Our welcoming and highly committed team offers a comprehensive menu of services in both English and Spanish including:
- Training programs including an Ideator, Incubator, and Accelerator program.
- Business advising, peer support forums, workshops, coworking, a loan fund, and talent matchmaking to support social enterprises hiring needs.
About the Position:
The SEG Hub is an exciting and collaborative coworking space that provides a supportive environment for enterprises to formalize and grow alongside a community of other mission-driven people and organizations. The Hub offers multiple membership tiers tailored to our community including offices, dedicated desks, hot desks, and more as well as providing a space for meetings and events. The Hub is also the central office for Social Enterprise Greenhouse.
The Hub Coordinator will join the Hub Management team to support the SEG Hub operations on a day-to-day, onsite basis while also assisting in other facility and program operation responsibilities to promote a thriving and inclusive social venture ecosystem. The day-to-day responsibilities include supporting member services, physical operations, and maintenance, and Hub community engagement, and event programming.
About the Candidate:
We seek an enthusiastic, reliable, operations-driven team member that loves creating spaces for people to work, connect, collaborate, and build relationships that foster a vibrant community committed to social impact. The Hub Coordinator will bring an eagerness to learn and a can-do attitude to meet the needs of our Hub operations and members. This position is on-site, based in Providence, Rhode Island, and will report to the Program and Design Manager.
This position will be accountable for the following goals:
- Creating an inclusive and welcoming space for all community members and incorporating equity and inclusion in all efforts.
- Supporting Hub member satisfaction while fostering a sense of community.
- Delivering a high level of cleanliness and order.
- Ensuring Hub supplies, equipment, and meeting spaces are well-stocked and functional.
- Day-to-day management of Hub operations to meet all safety and cleaning guidelines and customer expectations (opening and closing on time, clean and supplied facility, working and accessible technology, etc.)
- Support Hub member amenity services including covering the Hub desk, new member onboarding, responding to member inquiries, and member communications.
- Maintain operations of the Hub physical space, including supply management, cleaning services, and other Hub amenities (mail, printing, WIFI, etc.)
- Ensure equity and inclusion principles are infused in all aspects of the Hub space to ensure that the Hub coworking community feels inclusive and accessible.
- Sustain customer satisfaction by addressing members’ concerns and co-creating an inclusive, safe co-working space.
- Support community building between members through programming and activities as appropriate.
- Execute Hub event and room rentals, specifically intake, scheduling, and maintaining excellent rental condition and service.
- Maintain facilities and technology including coordinating with building management, cleaning staff, network providers and ensuring all technology is functioning properly and troubleshooting when needed.
Core Skills & Capacities:
Experience: Demonstrated success in hospitality, office administration, facility management, community building/development, event planning; and/or retail;
Commitment to Equity: Demonstrates an active commitment to viewing their work through an equity lens and finding and supporting opportunities to address issues of structural racism and inequity through their work
Execution: Passionate about and has an excellent aptitude for getting things done.
Organization and Planning: Plans and organizes in an efficient, productive manner.
Prioritization: Can prioritize multiple, competing requests and manage time well.
Customer orientation: Able and willing to find out what the customer wants and needs and to act accordingly, taking the organization’s costs and benefits into account.
Relationship Builder: Able to build relationships and trust with a wide range of people.
Detail-Orientation: Sweats the small stuff and doesn’t let important details fall through the cracks.
Listening Well: Listens deeply to others and seeks to understand their goals, interests, and experiences. Pushes to clarity in cases of disagreement. Is curious and supportive of new ideas.
Strongly preferred, but not required: Fluency in Spanish.
This position is part-time, (20 – 25 hours per week), onsite (not remote), and is starting as soon as possible.
Starting Hourly Rate: $16 – $18 per hour depending on experience.