Spinnaker Analytics LLC, a data science firm with expertise in the financial services industry, is looking to fill a full-time Analyst position. The ideal candidate will possess a passion for research, quantitative analysis as well as generating insights to solve a variety of business problems. The candidate will be responsible for data collection, wrangling, exploratory analysis, and building models. In addition, the ideal candidate will have an opportunity to work with the advanced product development team.
The candidate should be able to develop forecasting/predictive models and perform statistical analysis on quantitative data that will also involve extracting, collating and performing data integrity checks. A strong analytic disposition would be critical, along with the attitude and enthusiasm to take on unstructured and complex work the candidate may not have encountered previously.
• Quantitative Analysis: Compile and analyze relevant data, creatively tackle information gaps, synthesize findings into meaningful and actionable intelligence
• Develop predictive models including time series, panel data, linear and non-linear models like CART, etc.
• Analyze high velocity data and develop algorithms to generate insights
• Strong research and data analysis background
• Familiar with Power BI, R, Python, SQL, and machine learning libraries
• Ability to develop machine learning algorithms
• Ability to work on unstructured projects independently
• Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, statistics, sciences, or engineering disciplines
• Prior work or project/course experience in statistical modeling and machine learning preferred
• Relevant business experience a plus
Competitive compensation, commensurate with experience and expertise.