SCOPE OF WORK: To enforce discipline, orderly behavior and the confinement of incarcerated inmates to provide the appropriate level of public and institutional safety. Also to perform duties required of assigned posts and/or programs.
· Observes and controls resident movement and behavior to preclude escape or violent incidents.
· Supervises the operation of an inmate housing unit when only officer on duty and in order to maintain the order and discipline of the inmates.
· Performs security tasks such as inmate body searches, property and ground searches to assure public and institutional safety.
· Reports information on residents for administrative purposes, including disciplinary and classification hearings and judicial hearings so that these boards have complete information for their decision.
· Transports inmates to and from designated areas to ensure orderly movement of inmates.
· Performs work activities which require strenuous activities such as frequent reaching, bending, lifting as well as fine manual dexterity of coordination in the use of equipment such as firearms, handcuffs and in applying physical restraints, to control and observe inmates and the work environment to insure institutional safety and security.