Technical Consulting & Research, Inc. (TCR) is a consulting and research firm and award-winning company at the forefront of advanced information technologies, cyber security, risk assessment, data mining, operation research, industrial engineering, online learning, and educational development. TCR’s mission is to help organizations successfully adopt emerging technologies and to optimize their workflow and operations. More information can be found on TCR’s website: https://tcrinc.com/
TCR offers unpaid internships in various industry and functional areas that are designed to help students build critical, in-demand skills needed to succeed in the real world. The internship is virtual so you can work from home. The hours are flexible. There is a weekly online team meeting with your supervisor, the CEO. We provide hands-on coaching, mentoring, and training experiences that will help get you noticed by prospective employers. TCR tries to align the specific internship activities/projects with the needs and interest of each intern. Internship can be taken for course credit, CPTs, and OPTs, with permission from your school or university.
Technical Consulting & Research, Inc. (TCR) is an affirmative action-equal opportunity employer.
The social media marketing intern will be responsible for TCR’s various marketing campaigns via social media networks such as Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. The intern may work on developing communication channels, identifying and fostering target audiences, maintaining daily activities and enhancing public awareness of our programs. Communication skills, creativity and reliability are critical for this position.
The position is full of opportunities for self-learning and experimentation, and development of new skills.
• Develop/Support online promotional strategies and programs to enhance the user experience and increase the traffic to our websites.
• Manage daily activities and provide suggestions to improve TCR’s online presence using social media tools, including but not limited to Blogging, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, HootSuite, SEO, key word research and report tracking to track marketing results.
• Conduct research and analysis on best practices of online marketing strategies, strategically utilizing hashtags, photos, videos, articles, and contests to strengthen the company’s presence.
• Collaborate with President, Vice-President, and a creative team in social media marketing
• Current students or recent alumni from undergraduate or graduate degree programs in one or more of these fields: marketing, advertising, communications, journalism, computer information systems, or business-related field.
• Experience with at least one of the following: social media, blogging, internet marketing (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkedIn). Experience in e-commerce marketing, copywriting and SEO implementation is highly desirable.
• Knowledge base of design tools such as Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and/or Canva and organization tools such as Hootsuite or Sprout Social is a plus.
• Experience in digital media design, project management, campaign management or content management systems (WordPress, Joomla, Drupal, Magento, etc.) is a strong plus.
• Experience with Google Analytics, Google AdWords and Bing Ads is desirable.
• Familiarity with WordPress is desirable
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required.
• Familiarity with HTML / CSS knowledge and design software is a plus.
• Self-motivated, detail-oriented, creative team player with strong communication, time management and multi-tasking skills.