The Job Developer works with employers to identify both primary and secondary labor market jobs that match the needs of individuals with disabilities in competitive community settings. The Job Developer reports to the Program Director of Career and Community Connections and works collaboratively with job coaches.
Position Schedule: Monday to Friday – 8:30am to 4:30pm
• Develops job search plans that align with job seekers’ skills, interests, and abilities based upon recommendations from assessment.
• Maintains up to date knowledge of DOL and FLSA regulations.
• Leads workshops on topics including resume writing and interviewing skills.
• Networks with regional employment boards, chambers of commerce, career centers, and employers to identify competitive work opportunities.
• Using labor market information, partners with employers with potential for growth
• Presents The Arc to employers as the employer’s workforce solution
• May provide job coaching supports as needed to increase independence and assure successful outcome for job seeker and employer
• Actively advocates for individuals served and demonstrates agency mission and values in all interpersonal and professional relations.
• Reviews, assesses, and ensures follow through of client’s vocational goals and measurable objectives. Recommends amendments and goal modifications when appropriate.
• Conducts task analysis for jobs as required.
• Coordinates transportation for individuals that may include travel/mobility training.
• Maintains accurate records in SharePoint and electronic case files.
• Cross functional communication skills
• Attends mandatory trainings and meetings as assigned and required. Maintains all required certifications.
• Ability to perform physical restraint if necessary.
• Frequent driving of a motor vehicle and/or van, agency and/or personal.
• Other duties as assigned.
* A Valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record and CORI is required at all times during employment with The Arc of Opportunity.
• Bachelor’s Degree preferred
• Strong Microsoft Office skills
• Self-directed and able to manage time effective
• Experience networking with business and community partners.
Comprehensive benefits package including vacation and sick leave, paid holidays, health, dental, life, disability, and 401K. Advancement opportunities.
The Arc of Opportunity is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
When an applicant with a disability needs an accommodation to have an equal opportunity to apply and/or interview for a job, they may request it orally or in writing through the VP of Human Resources.