[FULLY REMOTE, 10+/HOURS A WEEK, UNPAID]
Are you a college student who has an interest in gaining hands-on experience in nonprofit, mission-focused marketing? The Carroll Center for the Blind is seeking a positive, energetic spring intern for an opportunity to gain valuable hands-on work experience and training. As a digital marketing intern, you’ll gain valuable experience in the nonprofit marketing field doing copywriting and editing, email marketing, competitive research, and digital event marketing for our annual signature fundraising event. This position is fully remote and we’re happy to consider a candidate based anywhere in the US.
Each year, The Carroll Center for the Blind helps more than 4,000 blind or visually impaired children, adults and senior citizens gain the skills they need to live active and fulfilling lives. Our Newton campus houses our rehabilitation program, computer training classes, low vision store, and administrative offices. A large portion of our programs are services conducted in public schools, in clients’ homes, and in the community.
• Supporting, planning, and executing outreach for the virtual Walk for INDEPENDENCE.
• Assisting with the design and execution of social media presence and possible paid campaigns.
• Evaluating the effectiveness of current marketing efforts in reaching target markets and recommend improvements.
• Aiding content creation efforts including blogs, sell sheets, ads, and other creative pieces.
• Tracking social media engagement through analytics.
• Digital marketing & competitive research analysis.
• Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program in marketing, communications or human services.
• Excellent interpersonal, organizational, verbal/written, computer and organizational skills.
• Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Excel & Google Docs.
• Experience using Canva, Photoshop, etc.
• Well-versed in Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, and LinkedIn.
• Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
Qualified candidates should e-mail a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Carroll Center for the Blind is a private, non-profit agency located in Newton, Massachusetts that serves persons of All Ages and All Stages of Vision Loss. We are close to Boston, Cambridge, Wellesley, Watertown, Waltham, Allston/Brighton, and on public transit routes.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.