As a Disaster Recovery Specialist at the GS-1101-7 or 9, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Working in a high-volume call center answering phone inquiries.
- Responding to a variety of customer inquiries, ranging from routine to complex, and providing detailed information to the public regarding federally declared disaster and SBA’s disaster loan program.
- Preparing written responses to email inquiries received through SBA’s disaster customer service mailbox.
- Assisting lower graded or new employees with responding to customer service inquiries received by telephone or email.
- Assisting borrowers with completion of their loan closing documents and answering questions regarding the loan closing and disbursement process.
- Accepting borrower payments using online payment processing tools.
- Using a variety of computer systems to research customer inquiries, record call activity and prepare appropriate forms and letters.
Hours of work vary to support Customer Service Center hours of operation, which is currently open from 8:00am until 11:00pm EST, with potentially later hours during substantial disaster activity. During high disaster activity employees may be expected to work up to 14-hour days, 7-days a week at which time any requests for time off will be denied. Therefore, employees may be assigned shift work and shifts may change with little or no advanced notice.
This position is telework eligible as determined by agency policy. Employees’ primary residence will be their ONLY duty station and work location.
Employees must provide high-speed Internet of 5 Mbps or greater (Not through your cellular device) and either a cellular or landline telephone. Although personal devices are used, your personal phone number will be masked and will not be available to the customers.
The SBA will provide other equipment needed.
Training and orientation will be conducted remotely.
By applying for this position with SBA’s Office of Disaster Assistance, you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster.