UNAGB Education Internship Summary
Who We Are and What We Do
The United Nations Association of Greater Boston is dedicated to building a strong network of global citizens in the Boston area. We inform, inspire and mobilize members of the community to engage with critical global issues central to the work and mission of the United Nations.
Our Education Team furthers this mission by creating opportunities for young people to develop as productive global citizens through the experience of Model UN as a learning platform. Through our educational program, we equip the next generation of globally-minded civic leaders with key 21st century skills of communication, collaboration, creative problem solving, and critical thinking.
We reach nearly 100 schools and over 5,000 students each year and plan to expand our reach and impact over the next few years.
• Primary: Research and write topic guides focusing on a wide variety of global issues (human rights, international security, environment, etc.)
• Perform various operations and materials creation tasks supporting UNAGB education programs • Administrative support for day-to-day operations of UNAGB
Qualifications and requirements:
• Passionate about global issues and community development
• Exceptionally strong communication, research, and writing skills required
• Model UN, Model Congress, or Speech & Debate experience preferred
• Self-motivated and self-directed
• Collaborative and experienced in working with teams
• Has completed relevant coursework; majoring in International relations, economics, political science, education, or a related field
- Time commitment: 16-24 hours a week, primarily Monday-Friday, as well as a few Saturday and evening programs. A minimum of 16 hours a week is required for the internship.
- This internship is currently remote.
To apply, submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
• Fall Internship – Aug 30
• Winter Internship – Nov 15
• Spring Internship – Dec 15
Due to the high volume of applications received, we only reply to those who will be moving forward in the interview process. If contacted, applicants will be asked to participate in a short phone interview, submit 1-2 writing samples, and provide email addresses for 1-2 references.