The Intern, Policy & Research, is responsible for providing research, writing, and editing support for the Senior Vice President and Manager, Policy, and UN Relations, supporting core UN and Member State relationship functions. Additionally, the intern will be responsible for tracking policy discussions at the UN.
The Intern, Policy & Research, reports to the Manager, Policy and UN Relations.
- Provide flexible writing and research support to the Policy and UN Relations team, assist in preparation for meetings, and deliver additional research/writing assignments on key policy discussions at the UN.
- Assist with maintaining an up-to-date and categorized list of UN contacts for UNF events, mailings, and other activities, and support overall tracking of UNF relationships with the UN.
- Contribute to the planning and publication of social media coming from the SVP & Head of the New York Office, including other communication products such as speechwriting/talking points, and briefing notes.
- Undertake other research, writing, and special projects, such as compiling briefing memos, reports, drafting correspondence, and copy editing under the direct supervision of the Manager, Policy & UN relations.
- Assist in the preparation of reports and meeting notes.
- Track news on a set of global issues relevant to the United Nations and UN Foundation
- Serve as a focal point of a directed list of topics tracking relevant policy discussions and events at the UN on an ongoing basis, including the coverage of key UN meetings and processes.
- Assist coordination of meeting coverage on an ongoing basis and provide flexible surge support during key UN moments.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Candidate must be enrolled in a degree-granting program during the internship or must be a recent graduate (within 8 months of graduation) of a college or university.
- Demonstrated interest in the UN and International Affairs required – interest in Sustainability, International Development, Public Policy and/or the non-profit sector highly preferred.
- Strong research, writing, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to take initiative and be a self-starter – while also contributing to a strong team environment.
- Experience with supporting the planning and execution of events.
- Fast and organized learner with attention to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks.
- Experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress.
- Ability to meet regular attendance/tardiness policy.
- Must have a personal laptop computer and access to the Internet.
- This position is temporary at an hourly rate of $17/Hour.
- Must be available to work a maximum of 29 hours per week.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.