Verite Group offers 100% paid Benefits, 20% Employer Contribution to 401K, Stock Options, Flex-Time, Year End Bonuses, Paid Overtime and many more Amazing first-class benefits.
VGI is a 100% employee-owned custom software company supporting government missions and private sector enterprises for over a decade. VGI staff combine a strong technical prowess with a deep understanding of our customers and their operations. VGI can take your current network needs and challenges and create tools that protect your data throughout its lifecycle.
Program Analyst / Financial Analyst – R20-026
JOB DESCRIPTION AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This position will be responsible for a broad range of Program Finance, Financial Analysis and Accounting activities.
- Take responsibility for project set-up and maintenance within Unanet.
- Become actively involved in customer billings, project logistics and close out activities.
- Collaborate with project teams to gather project related forecasts and updates.
- Ensure that documentation related to projects is both accurate and tracked; this includes feasibility, risk, schedule, and scope.
- Support and assist in troubleshooting timecards and other system related issues.
- Reconcile general ledger and project ledger accounts reviewing transaction data by comparing and correcting.
- Participation in monthly closing activities.
- Review various accounting transactions for accuracy and completeness.
- Increase productivity by developing automated accounting applications and coordinating information requirements.
- Assist with various ad hoc reporting and analysis.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
Security Clearance: Clearable to TS Clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Equivalent Experience
- 2 – 4 years of Project Analyst, Project Accounting or Accounting Experience
- Experience within government contracting environment with multiple contract types (including T&M, FFP, CPFF)
- Advanced MS Excel skills and proficiency with other MS Office tools
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Strong attention to detail
- Proven ability to multi-task, thrive in a team environment and work independently
- Good communication and interpersonal skills with ability to maintain strong relationships
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
DESIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience with Unanet or other Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) system; QuickBooks a plus
WORK LOCATION: Sterling, VA
KEY WORDS: Accounting, Finance, Government Contracting, T&M, FFP, CPFF
VGI is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other classification protected by federal, state or local law.