ViacomCBS (NASDAQ: VIAC; VIACA) is a leading global media and entertainment company that creates premium content and experiences for audiences worldwide. Driven by iconic consumer brands, its portfolio includes CBS, Showtime Networks, Paramount Pictures, Nickelodeon, MTV, Comedy Central, BET, Paramount+, Pluto TV and Simon & Schuster, among others. The company delivers the largest share of the U.S. television audience and boasts one of the industry’s most important and extensive libraries of TV and film titles. In addition to offering innovative streaming services and digital video products, ViacomCBS provides powerful capabilities in production, distribution and advertising solutions for partners on five continents.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: Friday, February 4th, 2022
Please note: this position will start in June 2022 (as part of the June cohort). The salary range for this role is $50,000-$55,000 annually.
ViacomCBS is a leading innovative advertising organization that delivers advertising revenue across all our media brands using groundbreaking research, data, partner marketing, and sales strategy approaches. We work creatively across all media platforms – TV, digital, social, experiential/ live events, emerging platforms; and all audiences – from young kids with the Nickelodeon brands, to Millennials with brands like MTV and Comedy Central; as well fans of TV Land!
We’re looking for a goal-oriented talent to join our Advertising Sales Operations team at the entry-level, and we’d love to hear from you!
This entry-level position aims to bring in and develop talented young people passionate about media & entertainment, advertising, and serving clients. The role will immerse high potential, recent college graduates into an operational-focused full-time role across key Ad Sales groups – Cable, Digital Video, Creative/Influencer, and Data/Vantage – providing a complete picture of media sales and training for future advancement. This opportunity is a unique and exciting way to collaborate frequently with clients, high-level industry executives, and a diverse group of internal constituents while developing a keen understanding of the Advertising and Media industry.
- Establish strong relationships with agency partners – act as the agencies’ primary point of contact for campaign updates and changes
- Work directly with Traffic + Pricing & Inventory partners to ensure flawless execution and delivery of campaigns
- Facilitate client order entry and management, working with both internal departments and external clients, to ultimately ensure client delivery and satisfaction
- Coordinate with Ad. Ops teams to carry out advertisers’ creative assets/tags, brand safety guidelines, and any other specific requests
- Monitor/track and regularly report on campaign impressions and work with multiple departments to make any adjustments needed to ensure orders deliver and bill in full
- Generate reports to troubleshoot/resolve third-party reporting discrepancies or campaign/creative issues
- Work directly with Billing/Finance partners to help clear discrepancies and ensure revenue recognition at the campaign ends
- Provide ongoing reporting to Digital/Convergent Sales teams (i.e. revenue-at-risk)
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree
- Strong interpersonal, written, and oral communications skills as required to interface across multiple levels and groups
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Attention to detail, work ethic, and excellent judgment
- Proactive self-starter and team player, ability to learn quickly, be flexible, and adapt to changing industry and organizational landscape
- Desire and interest to work in advertising sales across media & entertainment platforms
As part of the evaluation process applicants will be required to play a games-based assessment.
ViacomCBS is an equal opportunity employer (EOE) including disability/vet.
At ViacomCBS, the spirit of inclusion feeds into everything that we do, on-screen and off. From the programming and movies we create to employee benefits/programs and social impact outreach initiatives, we believe that opportunity, access, resources and rewards should be available to and for the benefit of all. ViacomCBS is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, creed, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, and Veteran status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access. https://www.viacomcbs.com/careers as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by calling 212.846.5500 or by sending an email to email@example.com. Only messages left for this purpose will be returned.
ViacomCBS believes in creating environments that allow our primary focus to remain on providing entertainment, education and information to our millions of viewers around the world. As part of this commitment to health and safety, ViacomCBS requires COVID-19 vaccines for current U.S. employees, including all newly hired employees, subject to applicable law. Union employees are subject to what is outlined in their applicable collective bargaining agreement.