Walgreens is looking for an Intern to join one of the transformative initiatives in our company, Voice User Experience. The Walgreens Voice User Experience team seek to design and build the largest, most advanced retail Voice experience in the world from the ground up. Empowered to operate as an innovation center, this effort represents one of Walgreens most important programs at both global and local levels. This team is leading the way by analyzing speech patterns, dialects and intents to understand how our customers want to interact with their Pharmacy. US based teams will be leveraging the most advanced and exciting technologies to build on Walgreens strategic vision to service the 13,100 plus pharmacy-led, health and wellbeing retails stores
- Performs various activities that contribute to the strategy development process for Voice User Experience
- Utilizes various tools and resources to analyze information and make recommendations to support the business.
- Recommendations to leadership for improving and updating policies and processes.
- May deliver a project aligning to strategic priorities and present to manager/leadership upon completion.
- Participates in a corporate internship wide Case Study Project and Competition
- Participate in design, development, evaluation, deployment and updating of data-driven models and analytical solutions for natural language applications.
- Natural Language Processing: Develop and/or apply statistical modeling techniques, optimization methods, and other ML techniques to different applications.
- Determine what call events (keywords and phrases) to train the software to recognize as structured data to support analytics and business goals, by using an inquisitive and intuitive approach
- Reviews and maintains sprint tasks and issue tracking for products
- Provides recommendations on product and development environment improvements
- Maintains and supports existing and develops web-based prototypes, applications and tools
An Equal Opportunity Employer, including disability/veterans.
External Basic Qualifications
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelors degree program with 2 semesters remaining upon start date.
- Experience communicating with key stakeholders via writing reports and presenting the information.
- Experience collaborating with teams.
- Basic level skill in Microsoft Office Suite (Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
- Possess a GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Majors in fields such as Linguistics, Business, or Computer Science
- Good communication skills such as writing reports and presenting the information to key stakeholders
- Experience collaborating with teams