WaterNow Alliance is a growing network of decision makers, experts and innovators dedicated to supporting local water leaders who are building sustainable water solutions in their communities. We focus on innovative strategies to accelerate adoption of reuse and efficiency technologies, green infrastructure, watershed health, stormwater recapture, and groundwater management. Our goal is to help communities become as water resilient as possible, as cost-effectively as possible, while protecting our natural resources for generations to come.
WaterNow Alliance is seeking Summer Research Associate Volunteers for hands-on work experience. Associate positions allow students the opportunity to gain valuable work experience with a fast-growing sustainability-focused non-profit through hands on experience and real responsibility.
A strong candidate will possess the following attributes:
· Excellent writing and research skills, proficiency with Word and Excel;
· Demonstrated commitment to sustainable water policy;
· Experience with or interest in local government;
· High degree of professionalism;
· Organized with good attention to detail;
· Strong work ethic
Qualifications and Requirements:
• Must be at least a sophomore in an undergraduate program
• This position is fully remote. Candidate will telecommute and meet with team members online.
• Available May 2021 through August 2021 (dates are flexible)
• We require a minimum time commitment of 24 hours per week
- Project Accelerator Program Support: Support WaterNow’s direct work with water agencies and municipalities by identifying, researching, and evaluating sustainable water projects and programs across the U.S. Participate in informational interviews with water agency and municipality staff to identify key program elements and inform WaterNow project work. Conduct surveys of municipal water programs to evaluate existing sustainable water programs, identify trends, and gauge interest in potential sustainable water management practices. Write memos and reports documenting program elements, best management practices and lessons learned from implementation.
- Develop Water Profiles: Using an existing template, research and compile detailed profiles of municipalities and water utilities’ water use, programming, local demographics, governance, etc. to be included in WaterNow’s database.
- Social Media and Website Content Creation: Review water clips and identify post-worthy news and information. Tasks will include drafting content, infographics, blog posts, and development of resources for members and the public.
- Salesforce Database Development: Support database development and maintenance to advance organizational mission.
- Outreach: Professional correspondence with elected officials and partner organizations regarding Alliance activities, opportunities to get involved, noteworthy news, creative contexts for engagement
- Event Planning: Assist staff in preparing for meetings and other events including: logistics, travel plans, speakers, meals, transportation and substantive offerings (e.g. lectures / presentations).
- Build Your Own Project: Do you have an idea for how you can contribute to the success of our organization outside of these tasks? Submit a proposal setting forth tasks, deliverables, and why this will be valuable to WaterNow Alliance and to your professional development.
Note that the list above is for illustrative purposes only and available projects will depend on work needs at the time.