E-Commerce Strategy Associate Intern – Summer 2022
Wayfair is seeking data-oriented, enthusiastic, and self-motivated candidates for our E-commerce Associate Internship in the Summer 2022. These individuals will demonstrate their communication and persuasion skills, quantitative mindset, and will execute strategic and cross-functional projects for their respective teams. This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to enter the tech space for the first time and those seeking a new challenge to accelerate the growth of our business within our Catalog Merchandising and North American Retail business.
As an E-Commerce Associate Intern, you’ll have the chance to work on a team in one of the following broader organizations and make an impact on Wayfair’s growth and success:
The Catalog Merchandising organization consists of multiple teams who are responsible for building and maintaining Wayfair’s e-commerce catalog of over 16 million+ products. The Global Operations Platform teams guide the management of our enormous product catalog and provide suppliers with tools to continually expand our product assortment. The Product Content & Data Architecture Team develops and implements strategic improvements to how we gather and structure product information to ensure customers can easily find, evaluate, and enjoy the products that best suit their needs. The Merchandising Analytics teams leverage Big Data to optimize internal merchandising processes. Together, these teams deliver on key merchandising goals. This organization encompasses placements such as Product Addition, Proprietary Brands, Supplier Acquisition, 3D Operations, and many more.
North American Retail
Wayfair continues to take the online customer experience to the next level, optimizing every part of the online shopping experience to help customers find what they’re looking for and create a home they love. The North American Retail organization is at the center of the online customer experience. At Wayfair, these teams set and execute the strategy for a product category, manage supplier relationships, run process improvement, and negotiate pricing and inventory. They are responsible for defining and creating a “best in class” online experience, working with Wayfair’s suppliers to ensure we provide customers with an endless assortment of products and great value. The organization encompasses placements such as Brand Development, Supplier Service, Category Management, Promotions, and many more.
What You’ll Do:
- Build key supplier relationships to enable successful negotiations and push towards best-in-class customer experiences
- Create cross-functional partnerships to advance your category through merchandising, promotions, marketing, on-trend product selection, effective pricing and profitability strategy, and operational excellence
- Leverage data to analyze the competitive environment and develop business cases for strategic initiatives
- Increase customer satisfaction and trust by improving the quality of our product catalog leveraging tools, data and resources effectively
- Implement new merchandising technologies at scale, using data and insights to make it easier for suppliers to execute on perfect merchandising
- Partner with cross-functional stakeholders, utilizing excellent communication skills to deliver results on high-priority, high-impact projects
What You’ll Need:
- Excellent academic record
- Data and process-oriented, comfortable learning data analysis tools
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- A desire to win and steer collaboration cross functionally
- Passionate about the customer with an interest in understanding and driving user behavior
- Demonstrated ability to thrive as part of a team or individually
- An entrepreneurial spirit and mindset
- Comfortable in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Experience in Excel is a plus
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.