Home Services Strategy & Operations Analyst (Co-op)
January 10th, 2022 – June 24th, 2022
IMPORTANT APPLICATION INFORMATION: WAYFAIR CO-OP PRIORITY DEADLINE OCTOBER 1st. All candidates who apply on or before October 1st will be reviewed and prioritized for interviews. After the priority period, we will continue the interview process for any remaining roles that have not been filled.
Creating a home you love can be overwhelming. For a customer to turn their vision into a reality they need more than furniture. Customers may need a quality handyman/woman for in-home services or a protection plan to safeguard their investment. Wayfair Home Services aspires to be the one-stop-shop for customers, offering them a stress-free place for products and services.
The Home Services team is responsible for connecting Wayfair customers with the services they need to complete their home. Each year we sell over one million services to customers ranging from furniture assembly to faucet installation to product protection plans. Our business is fast growing, and operates like a “startup” within Wayfair. As part of the team, you’ll be working in the cutting-edge of eCommerce, and in true startup mentality you’ll work on a range of challenges that span business, operations, strategy, and technology.
What You’ll Do
- Analyze and monitor performance from both business and operational lenses
- Identify and lead 2-3 strategic initiatives/deep-dives, taking charge of priority projects from conception to execution e.g.
- Launch a new growth/product initiative using ideas from competitors, partners, and stakeholders, determining the launch requirements, and building the business case
- Identify and quantify operational cost savings opportunities through automation, gather technical requirements, and track realization of savings
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders (including partners and our pro network) to optimize workflow and implement process improvements
- Service the customer, by handling incident escalations, real-time problem solving, and ensuring satisfaction / issue resolution
- Leverage quantitative and qualitative analysis to support your recommendations and inform business stakeholders
What You’ll Need
- Pursuing a Bachelor’s degree with a distinguished academic record; quantitative degrees/majors preferred e.g. economics, engineering, business, math, statistics, physics
- Intellectually curious, strategic thinker; passionate about solving complex problems to grow a business or improve customer experience and operations
- Self-starter, high energy, and strong work ethic; thrives in a dynamic and fast-changing environment
- Strong communication skills and willingness to speak up; succinctly summarizes roadblocks, proposes potential solutions, drives towards resolution
- Strong quantitative skills; comfortable using data and analysis to support recommendations; attention to detail with excellent quality control
- Strong project management/administrative skills; ability to prioritize, escalate, and meet deadlines; process oriented with strong organizational skills
- Previous co-op or significant internship experience is strongly preferred
- Plus if you have previous experience in customer service role
About Wayfair Inc.
Wayfair is one of the world’s largest online destinations for the home. Whether you work in our global headquarters in Boston or Berlin, or in our warehouses or offices throughout the world, we’re reinventing the way people shop for their homes. Through our commitment to industry-leading technology and creative problem-solving, we are confident that Wayfair will be home to the most rewarding work of your career. If you’re looking for rapid growth, constant learning, and dynamic challenges, then you’ll find that amazing career opportunities are knocking.
No matter who you are, Wayfair is a place you can call home. We’re a community of innovators, risk-takers, and trailblazers who celebrate our differences, and know that our unique perspectives make us stronger, smarter, and well-positioned for success. We value and rely on the collective voices of our employees, customers, community, and suppliers to help guide us as we build a better Wayfair – and world – for all. Every voice, every perspective matters. That’s why we’re proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship status, marital status, disability, gender identity, gender expression, veteran status, or genetic information.