Weber Shandwick isn’t just a PR agency. We’re the world’s largest engagement agency. And while, sure, we’ve won our fair share of awards, what we’re really proud of is the connected network of specialized experts we’ve built, each one skilled in earning attention and driving conversation. Our strength is in our people. In our teams. In the promise we’ve all made to “go beyond” for our clients, delivering not only strategic business objectives, but real value. Weber Shandwick is home to experts across our four value-based communities: Client Experience, Content, Insights and Integrated Media.
Do you think big picture, are you able to connect the dots, problem solve and enjoy digging into the “how” behind a project? Our internship allows you to experience the inner workings of a variety of integrated campaigns, collaborate with subject matter experts, brainstorm on how to take engagement and innovation up a notch, and come to understand how brand communication is constantly evolving. From creative ideation and research to execution, Weber Shandwick’s interns form the foundation of a talented team that generates groundbreaking, award-winning programs. During the program (average length of internship is 5-6 months), interns will work on programs for iconic brands they likely encounter every day.
As an Intern, you will have the opportunity to work on PR initiatives ranging from earned and paid media, to influencer and digital efforts, including:
- Monitoring media and influencers to inform and educate strategy and action
- Conducting research and analysis
- Preparing media relations materials and targets
- Outreaching to media and/or influencers
- Coordinating event planning and logistics
- Participating in team brainstorms
- Strong written and verbal communication (familiarity with AP Style a plus)
- Passion for creative thinking, strategy and pushing the boundaries
- Strong organization skills, time management and attention to detail
- Willingness to learn, question and challenge
- Ability to multi-task, handle a fast-paced environment and fully immerse in clients’ business
- Basic research experience and the ability to identify and analyze trends
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite programs
- Candidates should have BA or BS in a related field
What you’ll get from us:
- Support: As you navigate a hybrid workplace, you’ll have regular check-ins, calls and touchpoints with your teams and the whole office to feel connected in our now partially-virtual world
- Mentor: You’ll be paired with someone in the office to mentor you and help you navigate the waters
- A large reach: Experience working with colleagues across the Weber Shandwick network
- Learning and Development: Keep sharp and learn all the new skills with access to trainings and tutorials through complimentary access to LinkedIn Learning as a WS employee
- A possible career: Internships have the possibility of growing into a Junior Associate position
- A paycheck! Interns are paid hourly, at 40-hours per week.
- The ideal candidate must be a college graduate by start of internship in February
- Must be available up to full-time (40 hrs/week)
Weber Shandwick is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Weber Shandwick recruits qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, ethnic or national origin, protected veteran status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status or citizenship status.
We make our careers website accessible to any and all users. If you need an accommodation to participate in the application process, please contact us at JobAppAccommodation@ipgdxtra.com. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or vendors; rather it is strictly for applicants who require special assistance accessing our employment website. Due to volume, messages sent to this email address that are not related to an accommodation cannot be answered.