The Yiddish Arts and Academic Association of North America (YAAANA) is looking for an architecture intern. The mission of YAAANA is to promote Yiddish language and culture through academic and artistic events. To learn more about the organization, please visit www.yaaana.org.
We are currently seeking an organized, energetic, and diligent individual to assist us in the early stages of planning a new living museum in San Diego dedicated to Yiddish language and culture. The intern will be in charge of designing a fly-over plan for our proposed property. No knowledge of Yiddish is required. Our interns receive free access to all YAAANA events and classes as well as to the YAAANA archives. Interns are expected to work 5-20 hours per week. Internships last 15 weeks, but can be more or less depending on the availability and needs of the intern.
Training, supervision, and feedback will be provided.
Some educational institutions require prior approval before the start of an internship. It is the responsibility of the student to check with their institution to be sure they meet any requirements before they accept a position.
Key responsibilities and duties:
1. Design a fly-over design of our proposed property.
2. Assist with researching properties in the San Diego area.
3. Research zoning, business, and related regulations.
Work experience & skills:
1. Completion of relevant architecture courses.
2. Exceptional animation skills.
3. Interest in helping create a new civic entity for San Diego.
4. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
5. Strong initiative and creativity.