The Yiddish Arts and Academic Association of North America (YAAANA) is looking for a Yiddish- museum project coordinator intern. The mission of YAAANA is to promote the Yiddish language and culture through academic and artistic events. To learn more about the organization, please visit www.yaaana.org.
We are currently seeking an organized, energetic, and diligent individuals to assist us in the early stages of planning a new museum in San Diego dedicated to the Yiddish language and culture. No knowledge of Yiddish language is required. Our interns receive free access to all YAAANA events and classes as well as to the YAAANA archives. Interns are expected to work 5-20 hours per week. Internships last 15 weeks, but can be more or less depending on the availability and needs of the intern.
Training, supervision, and feedback will be provided.
Some educational institutions require prior approval before the start of an internship. It is the responsibility of the student to check with their institution to be sure they meet any requirements before they accept a position.
Key responsibilities and duties
1. Assist in crafting a business plan for the museum.
2. Contact individuals and organizations regarding items for the collection. 3. Research zoning, business, and related regulations.
Work experience & skills
- Completion of relevant courses.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Interest in helping create a new civic entity for San Diego.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong initiative and creativity.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Jana Mazurkiewicz Meisarosh at firstname.lastname@example.org Questions? Please call us at: 619-719-1776