The Yiddish Arts and Academic Association of North America (YAAANA) is looking for a social media developer/coordinator intern. The mission of YAAANA is to promote Yiddish language and culture through academic and artistic events. To learn more about the organization, please visit www.yaaana.org.
We are currently seeking an organized, energetic, and diligent individual to assist us in developing, coordinating, and growing our social media and online presence. No knowledge of Yiddish language is required. Our interns receive free access to all YAAANA events and classes as well as to the YAAANA archives. Interns are expected to work 5-20 hours per week. Internships last 15 weeks, but can be more or less depending on the availability and needs of the intern.
Training, supervision, and feedback will be provided.
Some educational institutions require prior approval before the start of an internship. It is the responsibility of the student to check with their institution to be sure they meet any requirements before they accept a position.
Key responsibilities and duties
- Develop our social media content and update social media pages on a regular basis – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, etc.
- Design and manage newsletter and other communication.
- Design printable marketing materials, such as leaflets.
- Send informational emails to partners, donors, subscribers.
Work experience & skills
- Proficiency with social media and MS Office programs.
- Superior written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Strong initiative and creativity.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter and resume to Jana Mazurkiewicz Meisarosh at: firstname.lastname@example.org Questions? Please call us at: 619-719-1776.