We are now accepting applications for YMCA Camp Santa Maria Staff! Our beautiful YMCA overnight camp is nestled in the Rocky Mountains near Grant, CO. We have 45 staff serving up to 135 campers, ages 6 to 16. We are seeking leadership, support staff and cabin leaders and trip leaders to plan and execute our co-ed summer programs. Individual positions include but are not limited to:
Outdoor Adventure Program Coordinator.
Arts and Crafts Specialist.
Teen in-Training Programs Coordinator.
Backcountry Camp Trip Leaders
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS for resident camp cabin leaders:
- High school graduate or equivalent; one year or more of college preferred.
- Previous experience working with children preferably in a resident camp setting
- Experience preferred in one or more of the following areas: outdoor skills, archery, arts and crafts, dance, drama, boating, camping, songs/music, skits, sports, aquatics, recreational games, etc…
- At least 18 years of age
- CPR, WFA, AED certifications and Child Abuse Prevention training within 30 days of hire date.
- Previous experience with diverse populations preferred.
Ability to plan, lead and participate in a range of activities in a variety of outdoor/indoor settings. Camp life can be challenging! You will be asked to function at 8200′, in a variety of summer mountain weather ranging from snow to highs in the 90’s with potential strong thunderstorms. On an average day you will walk 3-5 miles.
Room and board are included for all staff.
Need more info now: www.ymcacampsantamaria.org