As a recruiting coordinator, Isabel is in charge of scheduling all interviews, preparing candidates, and working with recruiters and hiring managers to hire the best talent out there. She says, “I use my sociology degree to ensure our hiring practices are as equitable as possible, and that we prioritize hiring underrepresented talent. I also take on various projects as the needs arise, such as building out a training program for new technical interview questions, or assisting with a communication plan for moving to the new office space”. Prior to her role at OpenAI, she was a Mentor & Unit Lead Investigator doing contact tracing with Partners in Health, in Boston.
While at UMass, Isabel:
- was co-captain of The Minuteman Dancers, which she says was a great way to keep balance in her life when schoolwork was overwhelming.
- Studied abroad in Italy for the first half of the 2020 spring semester, before returning home due to the pandemic
- wrote an honors thesis – Shared Living Narratives: Exploring Social Class and Reciprocity in the Undergraduate Off-Campus Experience – which she says was a great way to show she could manage a long term project from start to finish.
- was Front of House Manager at the UMass Fine Arts Center
- completed internships with Varsity Technologies as a People & Operations intern, and with Genentech as a Site Services Workplace Effectiveness intern – both in San Francisco.